• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

out of state violation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mspidey8

What is the name of your state? Maryland

I recently traveled to woodbridge NJ from Baltimore MD for my job. I was stopped by NJ State Police that states on ticket radar on dry light clear conditions. When he approached asked for normal information, came back and stated he clocked me at 80 but reduced the speed to 74mph in a 65mph zone. Was told to call number on back of ticket and pay fine. My question first is how does that affect my Md license? Do I appear for court to fight the ticket? If I pay the fine does the points transfer to my record that is not perfect? What are my options? Please if anyone knows I implore your help. :confused:

S

seniorjudge

mspidey8 said:
What is the name of your state? Maryland

I recently traveled to woodbridge NJ from Baltimore MD for my job. I was stopped by NJ State Police that states on ticket radar on dry light clear conditions. When he approached asked for normal information, came back and stated he clocked me at 80 but reduced the speed to 74mph in a 65mph zone. Was told to call number on back of ticket and pay fine. My question first is how does that affect my Md license? Do I appear for court to fight the ticket? If I pay the fine does the points transfer to my record that is not perfect? What are my options? Please if anyone knows I implore your help. :confused:
Q: My question first is how does that affect my Md license?

A: If you plead guilty or are found guilty, you will have points on your MD license.

Q: Do I appear for court to fight the ticket?

A: I don't know; you have all the info there. Make sure, however, that you find out the answer.

Q: If I pay the fine does the points transfer to my record that is not perfect?

A: Yes.

Q: What are my options?

A: You may be able to go to traffic school in NJ. Ask the court clerk.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">