• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Outstanding warrent from 2011 in California

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Johnvisintainer

I live in Tennessee but have an outstanding warrent for failure to appear on a traffic stop in California, I had a few tickets one speeding one driving on a permit and the others were fix it tickets crack in windshield rear light ...its been since 2011 I went online to see what I owed and it couldn't see due to warrent. I didn't pay this because I had no money at the time, and I didn't attend court because I didn't live there, I was on vacation. Will they lift the warrent if I pay all my traffic fines how do I handle this from across the country is a payment plan an option, I tried calling the court but they don't take phone calls due to budget cuts only emails.

FlyingRon

The court won't help you because almost certainly your fine has been transferred to collections. The good news is that the collections agencies have better phone support (and online) than the court. Try www.courtpay.gcserv.com

In addition to paying the rather steep fines (your original fines PLUS the failure to appear fee PLUS...) plus you may have to pay for a DMV abstract (most likely your license or driving privileges have also been suspended and that may make it hard for you to renew or obtain a license elsewhere).

The other option is to talk to an attorney in the county you were charged and see what they want to clean your irresponsible mess up.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">