• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

over priced

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

wolffy

What is the name of your state? illinois
I got a speeding ticket 92 in a 65. Plus a seat belt violation.
It was marked "must appear", I appeared the judge gave me a $500 fine for the speeding ticket & $25 on the seat belt plust court fees. Whay is it differnt than on the back side of the ticket?
$95 for speeding 20 to 20 miles over & $55 for seat belt.
After cost it is close to $800!

racer72

He must have felt anyone that would drive a car at 92 mile per hour without a seat belt needs a wake up call. You can appeal the decision but you will probably need a lawyer to have any chance of reducing the fines. And the lawyer would cost more than what you have to pay now.

W

wolffy

believe it or not

Believe it or not, I was wearing my seat belt & was only going 75. Which it states on the ticket that I admitted to 75. I took my belt off to get my wallet out of my back buttoned pocket. The officer said yeh I know, but you have to have it on until I get to the window. A car had just passed me going like the wind! All of us in the car went Whow! he is flying! That how I know I was ging 75.
But I thought instead of multiple court dates 1 1/2 hours away I would plead guilty & pay the extra $20,(the differance between going 75 & 92)

K

knorris

Wolffy I'm Confused.

No I'm just tired right now so maybe I'm just not reading your post correct. but were you going 92 or 75 ? Kathie

Last edited by a moderator:
W

wolffy

I was only going 75 but he wrote the ticket for 92, I protested so he wrote a note on the ticket that states" driver admitts to 75"
Be cause the fine for the differnt speeds was only $20 differance, I decided not to take more time off work to fight it & just pay the extra differance. I had NO Idea that they had the right to pull a fine out of the air! Is there no set rules on these thing? I thout seat belt tickets were $55, but she fined me $25? I just want some info on the basic standards for fines & what causes the ticket to be a "must appear"

K

knorris

I know here where I live if you are ticketed for 20 miles over or more it's a must appear. and our seatbelt is a set fine of 25 dollars. I had a simular situation where i was tickted for 80 in a 60 when i knew that i was going 58 due to having a digital odomiter. so when I took it to court there were many other people there who had gotten tickets on the same day, same highway, same trooper and all were the same. oh I forgot when he gave me the ticket he showed me his radar and it said 79 but still he wrote the ticket for 80. so in court that day there's me and 6-7 other's all with the same storey. the trooper told the judge that there had later been a problem found with his radar and all the tickets were dismissed. I'm not sure how they calculate the fines. but I asked my brother who is a trooper and he told me that it is a set amount for 1-10 miles over and 10-20 miles over and so on. but that if the ticket is for excessive amount over. that the judge considers that and then can impose what he feels is the proper fine and punisment. he also told me that here if you are caught speeding over 20 miles above the limit. that you can also be charged with reckless dring and lose your D.L. sorry if this isn't much help it's just what I was able to find out about my state. Kathie[/B]

C

Captradar

knorris72142 said:
I had a simular situation where i was tickted for 80 in a 60 when i knew that i was going 58 due to having a digital odomiter.
Aren't you one of the people on this board that insists that cops are never wrong? I guess they're only wrong when YOU get busted.

K

knorris

No plifter.

Captradar said:

Aren't you one of the people on this board that insists that cops are never wrong? I guess they're only wrong when YOU get busted.
I don't Insist the cops are never wrong. only that they are human and capible of making mistakes. Of course I could be like you and scream racist pigs being that I'm white and the trooper is black. and like I said the officer admited his radar was not working correct. Kathie :p

J

johnpatricio

Kathie just because your related to a trooper....

doesnt mean you have to be so rude and onoxious. I have something better to do. Im going to send a post to the administrators and tell them how you arent giving any advice to anyone... just insulting everyone that asks for it. You treat everyone on this board like they are purse snatchers, flashers or rapist.. were just normal people Kathie... normal people make mistakes. Were not all perfect like you! We come here asking for advice not insults and bitching... we could get that from our girlfriends and wives... we dont need you for that! Were not here because were trying to escape our legal responsiblities (although in some cases it would be nice), but because we are trying to confront them and dont know how, or what to do, or whatever. If your not going to be a help to anyone than dont reply please. There are other message boards (search the Net) that you can post on that the people actually get off on being insulted... this isnt one of them!

By the way.. for the record.. I am also related to a state trooper, hes my uncle! That doesnt make me perfect... and it doesnt make him perfect either!

K

knorris

johnpatricio said:
We come here asking for advice not insults and bitching... we could get that from our girlfriends and wives... we dont need you for that! Were not here because were trying to escape our legal responsiblities (although in some cases it would be nice), but because we are trying to confront them and dont know how, or what to do, or whatever. If your not going to be a help to anyone than dont reply please.
By the way.. for the record.. I am also related to a state trooper, hes my uncle! That doesnt make me perfect... and it doesnt make him perfect either

You know you really are a whinner! You think all I do is Insult people WRONG. I Give plenty of Information to poster's . You go right ahead and send your message to the ADM. I have done nothing wrong. And say nothing alot of other people don't say. So you can go surf the net and find you another site. I again am not the only one to do this and there's a reason for it. your not trying to escape your legal responsibilities YES YOU ARE. I never claimed that because I come from a family of cops that I was perfect. So again you don't know what your talking about and are just crasping at some way to Insult me. It will not work. Kathie

J

johnpatricio

Oh no she called me whinny boy!! Oh no what am I to do. No one has ever insulted me so badly before. I just cant handle the stress of it all.

Let me repeat one more time for you. I AM NOT TRYING TO ESCAPE ANY RESPONSIBILITIES. IF I WAS I WOULDNT HAVE COME TO THIS SITE TO GET ADVICE ABOUT HOW TO PROCEED WITH FACING THEM. I came here because I want to clear up matters, NOT AVOID THEM!!! But since my matters are MY MATTERS I will handle them however I please, even if it doesnt please you. You dont have to live my life miss perfect, I do!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">