• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

PA and MA, Citation vs Violation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bigpan

What is the name of your state? PA and MA.

Hi Everyone

My friend and I got our first ticket yesterday. On two separate cars. I have a few questions to ask.

1. I’m holding a MA license and was caught speeding 86 on a 65 in PA by a state trooper. How will this affect me? The officer said it was just a speed citation and told me not to worry. What is a speed citation and what is the difference between a citation and violation.

2. My friend holds a PA license and was caught speeding 86 on a 65. How will this also affect him? The state trooper said he caught both of us speeding 86 on a 65. He claim said he clocked us both on 86.

Thanks for your help.

JETX

bigpan said:
I’m holding a MA license and was caught speeding 86 on a 65 in PA by a state trooper. How will this affect me?
If the citation is found valid, you will be 'affected' by paying money in the form of a fine, plus points, plus increased insurance premiums.

What is a speed citation and what is the difference between a citation and violation.
A 'speeding citation' is a notice to appear in court due to the probable commission of a minor crime of excessive speed.
The 'violation' was your actually being in violation of the traffic laws.

My friend holds a PA license and was caught speeding 86 on a 65. How will this also affect him?
See above.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">