• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

PA speeding ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

elb19

I was recently pulled over in PA (with a PA license) for speeding. The officer wrote 75 in a 65 on the ticket, but knew I was going 84. He also wrote the wrong make of car on the ticket. I've heard that it is better to plead not guilty and take it to court to try for a reduction, but can the officer use the defense that I was actually going 84? Also, is the mistake a reason for contest since the make of my car is on my registration?

Curt581

I was recently pulled over in PA (with a PA license) for speeding. The officer wrote 75 in a 65 on the ticket, but knew I was going 84. He also wrote the wrong make of car on the ticket. I've heard that it is better to plead not guilty and take it to court to try for a reduction, but can the officer use the defense that I was actually going 84? Also, is the mistake a reason for contest since the make of my car is on my registration?
Yes.

Go to court, plead Not Guilty.

At trial, tell the Judge you should be found innocent because you were actually doing 84, not 75.

elb19

isn't that kind of an admission of guilt? yeah good idea... i'll get right on that. :D thanks!

<_<

Last edited:

elb19

well obviously i would have been a little bit more mean about it but i prefer not to get in trouble posting a reply :)

it's nice to see everyone helping though. maybe you could go talk to some n00bs in chat rooms instead since it's obvious you'd rather do that than your wife.

cepe10

well obviously i would have been a little bit more mean about it but i prefer not to get in trouble posting a reply :)

it's nice to see everyone helping though. maybe you could go talk to some n00bs in chat rooms instead since it's obvious you'd rather do that than your wife.
You have to learn that the goal of these"senior posters" is to disrubt the boards with mindless banter, lecturing, and mocking and prevent legitimate info from being discussed.

In your PA case you may want to go to court and see if the officer shows up. If he does you can ask for the calibration certification by the state testing agency - required every 6 months in PA. Or you can ask for leniency - probation before judgement. You have options. Who knows if he would even remember the 84 part... it may have been that he knew his unit was not in current calibration and thus the trying to get you to pay the ticket rather than contest...

moburkes

You have to learn that the goal of these"senior posters" is to disrubt the boards with mindless banter, lecturing, and mocking and prevent legitimate info from being discussed.
Yep, that's my goal. You've got me pegged. I guess that I'll have to stop answering those insurance questions, legal questions, etc. They get in the way of my bantering.

Why do you seem to forget that I didn't write "Senior Member" next to my name?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">