• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

PA Speeding Ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Stewartk2

I live in PA and one of the town cops gave me a ticket. It says 51 in a 25 well i was going 40 I will admit that because I thought the speed limit was 35. I leave for two months for boot camp and I can't have this on there because I will talked to my recruit officer and he said if I get my license suspended before I leave it could mess things up because I will be in the process of getting a secret security clearance. Anywho It says A Speed timing device was used under miles traveled it says 3ft and under seconds timed it doesnt have anything. Is there such a timing device that could calculate without the time or perhaps he just forgot to put it down? It was also last tested about a month ago? Any help I would really appreciate it.

Thank You

FlyingRon

Traffic violations or even suspensions relating to them will not impact security clearances. I've got an employee that was granted a beyond-top secret clearance right after he spent 4 days in jail for doing 100+. Talked to the investigator over it and he wasn't concerned.

Now, having open warrants is another thing entirely. If you have a mandatory court date and it conflicts with your reporting, I'd talk to a lawyer locally to see if he can get the prosecutor or courts to accomodate things.

As for challenging ROBIC/VASCAR or whatever they used to clock you, there will be others along with that strategy.

Maestro64

First, your license will not be suspended in PA unless you have more than one ticket on your license in a short period of time. As it was pointed out security clearances only become an issue if you try to hide things. If you tell them you have tickets or license suspension it should not be an issue since they worry more about you hiding things than the actual violation.

Next, if the ticket says you were measured over 3ft, they used an ENRAD, that should have been written on the ticket. If it is not, then you could have a good case to get the ticket dismissed since they must write what was used and the serial number and the date last Calibrated. Without that information, you can get the ticket dismissed if you know what you are doing.

Hopefully you did not admit to the officer you thought were doing 40, since that alone can get you convicted, also do not make that statement in court if you choose to fight the ticket since most people are found guilt base on their own words not what maybe written on the ticket.

Stewartk2

Thank you for your replies. As for having ticket in a short period of time I do :/ . I havent gotten a ticket since 04 and recently got one about 6 weeks ago. It does say ENRADD and it was calibrated 5-15-09.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">