• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

PA Speeding Ticket Question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

JustMeInPA

What is the name of your state? PA

I received a speeding ticket this morning (written up as going 30 in a 25 zone, but the officer said that he had me at 41 and put that in the Remarks section of the ticket). However, the officer failed to complete box 34, "Total Due" (basically, he failed to add up the amounts above for the fine, EMS, MCARE, COSTS, etc.). if I add them my self it's about 117.50 (ouch!).

On the back of the ticket, if I plead Guilty (I really can't take the time to fight the thing), it says to "enclose a check or money order for the amount reported as Total Due as specified on the traffic citation/summons. Failure to remit the full amount reported in ITEM 34 as Total Due may result in the issuance of a warrent for your arrest."

Since Box 34 is blank, can I just send it back without a check or with a check for $0.00?? I don't need to be arrested, and have no problem paying the $117, but if I can avoid it at all, that would be good.

Any thoughts??

Jim

Some Random Guy

the section

Failure to remit the full amount reported in ITEM 34 as Total Due may result in the issuance of a warrent for your arrest."
should probably be amended to

Failure to remit the full amount reported in ITEM 34 as Total Due Or just trying to be a smart ass may result in the issuance of a warrant for your arrest."
Pay the ticket or plead not guilty. Choice #3 won't be accepted.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">