• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

PA Ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kramitdfrog

PA Ticket (W/ERROR)

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania

I was recently traveling in PA on a highway when I received a citation for doing 78 in a 55. He checked on the citation that he "clocked" me whatever that means (VASCAR was not checked). I should mention that I am out of state, from MD. The officer was nice enough to write the citation down to 3111(a) so I would not get the points. However, he wrote that I was driving a GOLD vehicle when in fact I was driving a Dark Grey vehicle. I feel that he may have mistakenly identified my vehicle as he came from very far back on the highway and was not on the shoulder. There was also a decent amount of traffic on the roads and the citation says he followed me for 2.5 miles when I know there was a tractor trailer behind me for a portion of the time leading up to him pulling me over. What are my chances of getting this dismissed in court? Thank you for your advice!

Last edited:

racer72

What are my chances of getting this dismissed in court?
Somewhere between 0 and 100%. The incorrect info does not prevent you from presenting a valid defense and the ticket will not be dismissed because of it. A good lawyer can use it in creative ways though. Get the hint?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">