• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

PA ticket missing info

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? PA

This is my first time here so obviously my first post. I am not sure why I am asking this question here since there seems to be so much negativity in contesting a traffic violation accusation.

To the point. I received a 51/35 citation the other night. This will be the third ticket in the past 2 years that I will plead not guilty to. This is the first one given by a local cop. I have several defenses but as I look at the ticket I notice that none of the type of equipment used boxes are checked. The officer said he timed me (In PA, locals can only use timing devices not radar) but there is no info regarding the distance or time. I will reference the defense used by mikeshoe in a previous post, but wondered if anyone knew of more I could mention specifically regarding the omitted info to bolster my case.

If I understand the stats correctly, 75% of people plead guilty and of the 25% that contest, 50% win.

BTW: 97/65 and 81/65 (actually my wife's) dismissed/not guilty.

TIA for any help.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">