• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Pacing in So Cal?????LACSD

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CCSoCal

What is the name of your state? California Los Angeles County Sherrif Dept.

I was pulled over on Sunday for 60 in a 45. Besides unsafe speed the deputy gave me a citation for required mud guards..... I was traveling on a 2 lane street and didn't notice the deputy till like 10 seconds before he pulled me over. He told me he had seen me accelerate at a fast pace from a stop light, and paced me 3/4 of a mile at 60 mph. How is it he went from no where to right on my tail in less than a mile, without me even noticing. I am a bright guy and very observant. I am pretty sure that LA county sheriff's have to be specially ceritfied to pace, but how can i check before court? Also, i don't know if this make any difference, but my spedometer never went over 51 mph, and i was told since i raised my truck and got bigger tires that the spedometer is off about 5-9 mph without correction. How can I use this to my advantage? Another thing, i remeber there being cars close to me when he pulled me over.... Thank

Spencer

Curt581

CCSoCal said:
I was pulled over on Sunday for 60 in a 45. Besides unsafe speed the deputy gave me a citation for required mud guards..... I was traveling on a 2 lane street and didn't notice the deputy till like 10 seconds before he pulled me over. He told me he had seen me accelerate at a fast pace from a stop light, and paced me 3/4 of a mile at 60 mph. How is it he went from no where to right on my tail in less than a mile, without me even noticing.
Magic? Stealth technology?

What difference does it make how he got there without you seeing him?
I am a bright guy and very observant.
Apparently not this time. You let a marked police circus wagon get behind you without seeing him.
I am pretty sure that LA county sheriff's have to be specially ceritfied to pace, but how can i check before court?
Nope. Their squad car speedometers have to certified. They come that way from the factory.
Also, i don't know if this make any difference, but my spedometer never went over 51 mph,
Bad idea. You're admitting that you knew you were over the speed limit.
and i was told since i raised my truck and got bigger tires that the spedometer is off about 5-9 mph without correction. How can I use this to my advantage?
You could say that your speedometer is inaccurate, but that would do little or nothing. Most states list Defective Speedo as a moving violation anyway.
Another thing, i remeber there being cars close to me when he pulled me over....
Meaning what?

:confused:

CdwJava

CCSoCal said:
How is it he went from no where to right on my tail in less than a mile, without me even noticing.
It could be that you were distracted with the task of driving ... it happens.

I am pretty sure that LA county sheriff's have to be specially ceritfied to pace, but how can i check before court?
No they do not. As Curt mentioned, the speedometers have to be calibrated, but the officer does not have to be certified or even trained in pacing. If he conducted a visual estimation, he might be challenged on his training there, but a pace is a simple process.

- Carl

CCSoCal

Is there anyway I can use the info on the ticket for any case of dismisal? Stupid question but the owner of the car was spelled wrong and my birthdate was inncorrect, LACSD uses the new computer systems with tickets and it prints it out like a receit.

Curt581

CCSoCal said:
Is there anyway I can use the info on the ticket for any case of dismisal? Stupid question but the owner of the car was spelled wrong and my birthdate was inncorrect, LACSD uses the new computer systems with tickets and it prints it out like a receit.
The cop's got you cold.

Here's a novel idea.... instead of looking for any little loophole, why not take your medicine like a grown-up?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">