• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

parking in handicapped space, officer didn't give the ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hi guys

What is the name of your state? MA

I had accidentally parked in front of a handicapped spot as it was on my street which usually has free parking, and it was pouring so I was in a rush to get out of the car and into my house. A couple of hours later, a police officer rings my doorbell and notifies me that I had parked in front of a handicapped space. After getting over the shock that there was a handicapped space on my street, I moved my car and the officer drove off. In passing, he told me that it was a $300 violation, and that it could be appealed. He never left a ticket. I figured that since he didn't leave a ticket, I would receive one in the mail. A month later, I got a late notice from the parking office that I hadn't paid the ticket. Is there any requirement that they actually put the ticket on your car or give it to you?

seniorjudge

hi guys said:
What is the name of your state? MA

I had accidentally parked in front of a handicapped spot as it was on my street which usually has free parking, and it was pouring so I was in a rush to get out of the car and into my house. A couple of hours later, a police officer rings my doorbell and notifies me that I had parked in front of a handicapped space. After getting over the shock that there was a handicapped space on my street, I moved my car and the officer drove off. In passing, he told me that it was a $300 violation, and that it could be appealed. He never left a ticket. I figured that since he didn't leave a ticket, I would receive one in the mail. A month later, I got a late notice from the parking office that I hadn't paid the ticket. Is there any requirement that they actually put the ticket on your car or give it to you?
At some point you have to be notified.

Don't ignore it now, though.

Well color me blue and call me Cookie Monster

I tell you, are people color blind? There is a reason for the lines they paint on the concrete being blue. There is a gentleman person that only barely got away getting my cane across his knee caps the other day. Here I was walking my cats doing a little antiquing the other day, and this fellow pulls into a Blue spot and parks.

There was nothing wrong with the man. He just said he saw this lamp that caught his eye and wanted to see the price on it, that it would only take a moment. HAH!

I did not care. I sicced Flappy ( my yeller cat with one ear) on him and took after him with my cane. He backed out of that space so fast.
But I can only be on one street in one town in one State at a time.

Shame on you. Do not get it reduced. I hope they Double it.

I got the lamp.

Well Color me green and hand me a margarita.

Mr sukharev person, I am not that Mr IAAL person. My name is Mary Smith from Portland Oregon. I am a close personal friend of Mayor Mr Tom Potter. (if he would only answer my letters). That Mr. IAAL person lives in that there Los Angeles, a place I would never be caught dead in.

Actually I would probably be caught dead there! You see in that there city there are Stars. You know what stars made of right? Stars are composed of intensely hot gasses, deriving their energy from nuclear reactions going on in their interiors.

Just look at that crazy Tom Cruise. :eek:

So you just keep your comments to yourself, and stop telling stupid people who take up handicapped people to reduce their tickets.

Or I will take my cane to you and release my cats!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">