• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Passed a Cop

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

FernandoMarcano

in Missouri i passed a cop doing no more then ten miles over the speed limit. I didnt know it was a cop until i passed. He pulled me over and gave me a ticket for opreating motor vehicle in a careless and imprudent manner by passing on a curve and exceding posted speed limit. When i passed it was a passing zone and i could see if cars were coming in other direction. I think it sould be a speeding ticket not a class b Mis. but i really dont know please help.

FlyingRon

Was this in a construction area? That's an automatic careless and imprudent if you speed there.

There is only a state or two where you're allowed to speed to pass. If the police officer was already at the prima facie limit, the passing at unlawful speed could be argued to be imprudent. That's a subjective argument you (or better yet your lawyer) can argue.

FernandoMarcano

Im not sure im going to go back and check today to see if i was back in before the line changed but i figured he would of gave me a ticket for passing in a no passing zone if that was the case. Also the cop was the only car i passed

FernandoMarcano

I checked it on google earth and it was a passing zone when i passed and came back in the lane. The cop was the only vehicle i passed

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">