• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Passing on double yellow

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

badme

What is the name of your state? New Hampshire

Does "Due Prosses" apply to moving violations??

badme

That is great. Does anyone know how many days before the time limit expires in New Hampshire?

If a misdemeanor defendant is convicted at the district court and asks for a trial de novo in the superior court, the protection of his speedy trial interests requires that the State not unduly delay commencement of the second trial, and therefore the period of time running from the entry of the appeal on the superior court docket to the commencement of the new trial merits independent consideration under the speedy trial requirements.

[19] 7. Constitutional Law--Speedy Trial--Measurement of Time

[20] For purposes of the constitutional guarantee of speedy trial, ten-month delay between arrest and commencement of district court trial was sufficiently long to be presumptively prejudicial.

"STATE NEW HAMPSHIRE v. FRANCIS E. LANGONE"

badme

Ok here is the deal. I got pulled over on 10-25-06 for double line violation. I mailed in the ticket pleading not guilty and requesting a trial. I sent it certified mail and it has been 3 months and I still do not have a court date. I checked with the clerk of courts and she said that she was back logged and She would get to it in the next week or two that was in December. When and if I get a court date can I beat this with a request to dismiss for lack of a speedy trial?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">