• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

passing a school bus

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

maggieme1200

What is the name of your state? PA.
I recieved a citation in the mail along with a fine for $350. claiming that I was reported to have passed a school bus while the red lights were flashing and the bar was extended. I was never pulled over or confronted by a police officer. I paid the fine to the magistrate and appealed the charge. Now I have a hearing coming up. I understand this is a serious violation and carries 5 points. Do I have any defense?

seniorjudge

maggieme1200 said:
What is the name of your state? PA.
I recieved a citation in the mail along with a fine for $350. claiming that I was reported to have passed a school bus while the red lights were flashing and the bar was extended. I was never pulled over or confronted by a police officer. I paid the fine to the magistrate and appealed the charge. Now I have a hearing coming up. I understand this is a serious violation and carries 5 points. Do I have any defense?
The only defense to this charge is that you did not do it.

Can you prove that defense?

justalayman

I was never pulled over or confronted by a police officer.
Did you think a cop follows every bus in the country and handed out these tickets. The bus driver turned you in.

Unless you can prove your car was somewhere else when the bus got passed, it's yours to pay.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">