• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Passing a school bus

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sweetheart111

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? GA

I was exiting a townhouse subdivision last Friday afternoon and about 100 feet down the road a police officer pulled me over. I had no idea what for. I don't ever speed, I didn't make any U-turns or changed any lanes. He said I passed a school bus. The problem is - neither I nor my friend that was in my car saw a school bus. I did look to the right and left when exiting the neighborhood because I was taking a left. I also didn't see any other cars stopping and they would have if there was a school bus there, right?

If I did pass it - I am truly sorry, and I feel terrible about it. I try my hardest not to ever break the law, let alone do it on purpose. I just don't know what I should say in court since I didn't even see any buses. I think if I say I didn't see the bus it might look even worse - but if I said I did how should I explain it if I didn't even see it??? Also, what kind of penalty should I prepare myself for. I'm terrified that I might have to go to jail...! :eek: I had another ticket 2 years ago for improper lane change that I pleaded nolo for (I wasn't at fault but couldn't afford a lawyer :().

I'm going to take a defensive driving course and hope that it will at least help with the possible jail time (oh my God, the thought of it is terrifying...) and/or points. I am just trying to figure out what I should say/plead in court...

Thanks for your help!

atlantalion

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? GA

I was exiting a townhouse subdivision last Friday afternoon and about 100 feet down the road a police officer pulled me over. I had no idea what for. I don't ever speed, I didn't make any U-turns or changed any lanes. He said I passed a school bus. The problem is - neither I nor my friend that was in my car saw a school bus. I did look to the right and left when exiting the neighborhood because I was taking a left. I also didn't see any other cars stopping and they would have if there was a school bus there, right?

If I did pass it - I am truly sorry, and I feel terrible about it. I try my hardest not to ever break the law, let alone do it on purpose. I just don't know what I should say in court since I didn't even see any buses. I think if I say I didn't see the bus it might look even worse - but if I said I did how should I explain it if I didn't even see it??? Also, what kind of penalty should I prepare myself for. I'm terrified that I might have to go to jail...! :eek: I had another ticket 2 years ago for improper lane change that I pleaded nolo for (I wasn't at fault but couldn't afford a lawyer :().

I'm going to take a defensive driving course and hope that it will at least help with the possible jail time (oh my God, the thought of it is terrifying...) and/or points. I am just trying to figure out what I should say/plead in court...

Thanks for your help!

Sweetheart, I just joined the forum and I'm in a similar situation. I'm curious what happened with your courtdate/citation? Thank you.

Antigone*

Sweetheart, I just joined the forum and I'm in a similar situation. I'm curious what happened with your courtdate/citation? Thank you.
Sweetheart, this poster has been gone since October. Now in addition to passing a school bus and getting a ticket you've been found guilty of necroposting.

Please start a new thread if you have a question to ask.

FlyingRon

Sweetheart, this poster has been gone since October. Now in addition to passing a school bus and getting a ticket you've been found guilty of necroposting.

Please start a new thread if you have a question to ask.
She already did several days ago and was answered by both me and HeyThere!

Antigone*

Hijack trivia

That would be 'he'. And I'm curious of the outcome, that's all. :p
He is lion...hear him roar:p.

You know what happened to the curious kitty, right lion? The OP is long gone and most likely not coming back, so you may just be left wondering.

That leads me to today's HIGHJACK TRIVIA question.

Please name the movie that this line belongs to: "I wondered when we'd be seeing you here". Bonus points if you can describe the scene

Hint: wand:)

Last edited:

atlantalion

He is lion...hear him roar:p.

You know what happened to the curious kitty, right lion? The OP is long gone and most likely not coming back, so you may just be left wondering.

That leads me to today's HIGHJACK TRIVIA question.

Please name the movie that this line belongs to: "I wondered when we'd be seeing you here". Bonus points if you can describe the scene

Hint: wand:)
No, that is why I was asking what happened to the kitty. It looks like she is long gone, but you never know.

I'm going to need another clue for the Trivia. I hope it isn't Harry Potter, b/c I'm not into that.

Antigone*

No, that is why I was asking what happened to the kitty. It looks like she is long gone, but you never know.

I'm going to need another clue for the Trivia. I hope it isn't Harry Potter, b/c I'm not into that.
for not being into that, you got it right!!!

take care, lion

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">