• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Passing Zone

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

blink401

What is the name of your state? MN

A person below sparked this question in my mind. (I think basically they tried to ask but didn't quite do so).

When passing in a passing zone, can your pass be started anywhere within the passing zone? Or must it be completed before the end of the passing zone?

Simply put, if you haven't completed your pass entirely within the passing zone, would you be in violation of the law, and subject to a ticket?

Thanks, Jim

C

CombatTN88

blink401 said:
What is the name of your state? MN

A person below sparked this question in my mind. (I think basically they tried to ask but didn't quite do so).

When passing in a passing zone, can your pass be started anywhere within the passing zone? Or must it be completed before the end of the passing zone?

Simply put, if you haven't completed your pass entirely within the passing zone, would you be in violation of the law, and subject to a ticket?

Thanks, Jim
When you are in a passing zone, you are allowed to pass at the reasonable speed only for passing a slow car a way under speed limit. It must be completed before the end of the passing zone because there must be some reason why you couldn't pass after that point (for safety, I assume). So, yes you could get a ticket if you are still passing by the time it ends. That probalay why so much cars got in accidents because of that.

Regards, Combat

Rochelle

Combat is correct. First, you can not break the speed limit in order to pass. Passing must be started and completed in the passing zone.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">