• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Paying over-due Driving Tickets

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

TheTWKid

What is the name of your state? Kentucky

I recently have received two tickets, one for speeding (17 MPH over) in May, another for failure to illuminate headlights about two months ago(I've got bright headlights, so I used to dim them coming up on intersections). At those times, I couldn't afford to pay the tickets, and by my own ignorance, I'd thought that simply not showing up to court was an admission of guilt. I was not aware of the bench warranting that undoubtedly results from failures to show. Anyhow, I'm now ready to pay off those tickets, and want to pay any fines necessary to clear up the warrants. What would be the best way to go about this without risking getting sent to jail?

I'll be sending the two payments out tomorrow morning, should I wait until those process before turning myself into the clerk's office (if that is where I'm supposed to go)? Is there a chance they'd arrest me if I turn myself in?

Also, for my recent ticket, I've lost my citation, so I need to inquiry the county clerk's office here about it. Can I expect any legal issue in doing so, or do you think they'd submit the information to me?

I want to and am able to pay for everything, just looking for the best way to go about it. Thanks a bunch in advance.

The Occultist

You need to show up to the court and turn yourself in. This will result in some fines, so show up with enough money (I believe cash is best, but that may not be correct)t to post your bail (yes, you will have to post bail since there is now an arrest warrant out for you). If you've already sent out payments, that will certainly help your case here.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">