• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Perjury charges for traffic school?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bcng8r

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

About 2 years ago I received two traffic tickets in different counties approximately 11 months apart. I elected driving school for both so points would not be assessed. I recently received a letter from the Clerk's office in one of the counties stating they may forward the information to the DA to pursue felony perjury charges because I stated on the online traffic school websites that I had not taken the course within the past twelve months.
Are charges typically pursued in this situation? Should I get a lawyer now or wait to see what happens?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?FL

Some Random Guy

Don't get a lawyer until they file charges, otherwise you may be out extra expense. Wait to see what they decide - no action , press charges, throw out the school record and reinstate the ticket, etc. THen get a lawyer if charged. How long after completing the first course did you register for the second course?

bcng8r

I can't locate any records for the tickets or online classes, but I assume the same duration (approximately 11 mos.)
They did reinstate the points and I had to pay back the deduction in fine for taking the class. The clerk I spoke to said if I pay the $18, it won't go any further.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">