• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Petition needed to stop speeders/save lives

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

korena campbell

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?North Carolina

I have alot of speeder coming down my road early mornings and late evenings. I have two young children and there are also other children on the same street. The speed limit on our road is 25 and some have been caught going 51 to 62 mph down this road. We know that because we have had a local t.v station come and have a radar catch the speeder on the news.They
sent a state trooper the next day to patrol the area,but there were so many speeders that he couldn't get them all. We have also had one little girl almost get hit by a car already.My neighbors and I would like to file a petition to get somethig done but are not sure how to Please contact me with some helpful advice.
Thanks
K.C.

S

seniorjudge

korena campbell said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?North Carolina

I have alot of speeder coming down my road early mornings and late evenings. I have two young children and there are also other children on the same street. The speed limit on our road is 25 and some have been caught going 51 to 62 mph down this road. We know that because we have had a local t.v station come and have a radar catch the speeder on the news.They
sent a state trooper the next day to patrol the area,but there were so many speeders that he couldn't get them all. We have also had one little girl almost get hit by a car already.My neighbors and I would like to file a petition to get somethig done but are not sure how to Please contact me with some helpful advice.
Thanks
K.C.

If you want a petition, write what you want done and ask everyone to sign it and then send it to the authorities.

HOWEVER, it seems like the media would put more pressure on the state rods if y'all would contact the television station and tell them that there has been NO crackdown after all!

CdwJava

You and your neighbors may want to meet with the state troopers and come up with some kind of a plan of action. A generic petition saying that you want "something" done may fall on deaf ears.

The best community actions come with a plan ... decide WHAT you want and come up with a plan to implement it. If you think a stoplight ot stop signs woulod work, then identify the intersections, contact the relevant street authority to find out the legality and expense of placing these control devices at those intersections, and proceed with a plan to push the local powers-that-be to go forward.

A plea to "do something" is not likely to be successful. Develop a plan of action and move forward. Be sure to get as many people in your area on board and organize yourselves so that your voice can be heard as one.

Good luck!

- Carl

CdwJava

racer72 said:
Some areas near where I live have installed speed bumps to curtail speeders.
Most jurisdictions in CA have gone away from speed bumps on the roads - they damage citizen's vehicles and emergency vehicles that have to respond at higher speeds during an emergency. Some jurisdictions have had to pay out lots of bucks in years past because of these bumps. But, NC may allow them. I would think that stop signs and/or lights would have the same sort of colling effect to the problem.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">