• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Photo Radar Arizona - Case Dismissed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mlogea

I was flashed by a photo radar for speeding on a city street in Scottsdale AZ (57 in a 45). I didn't respond to the ticket in the mail and was not served at my home. I was told by a friend that because I watched the online video of my car being flashed by the radar, it was an "admission of guilt". I just want everyone to know that the ticket was just dismissed 120 days later!

My advice: don't respond to the ticket and don't answer the door for strangers who could be process servers. And also don't bother watching the video - it's grainy and not very interesting. :p

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I was flashed by a photo radar for speeding on a city street in Scottsdale AZ (57 in a 45). I didn't respond to the ticket in the mail and was not served at my home. I was told by a friend that because I watched the online video of my car being flashed by the radar, it was an "admission of guilt". I just want everyone to know that the ticket was just dismissed 120 days later!

My advice: don't respond to the ticket and don't answer the door for strangers who could be process servers. And also don't bother watching the video - it's grainy and not very interesting. :p
Why would you advise people to ignore tickets and avoid service??? A fluke in your case does not mean that every person in every state in the United States will have the same thing occur.

cepe10

Good info - I don't know how a camera was ever allowed to act as a prosecutor in the first place.

The Occultist

Why would you advise people to ignore tickets and avoid service??? A fluke in your case does not mean that every person in every state in the United States will have the same thing occur.
Actually, this is one of those times where the shady advice is very accurate. AZ does not have any way of making speeding charges stick when coming from photo radar. I've had this confirmed by several police officers (most of them from Scottsdale), my father, and my grandfather (both of whom were pegged long long ago and have yet to do anything about it.

Now, I can't vouch for the rest of the country, but yes, in AZ, do not respond in any way to photo-enforced speeding tickets.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">