• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

photo radar inaccuracy in Oregon

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

free2bdeb

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Oregon
I received a photo radar ticket, and I know I was not going 36 mph in a 25 mph zone. The road I turned on from a dead stop was 96 feet away from the photo radar van. The van was also parked in a disabled spot which was only 23 feet away from the photo radar enforced sign. I saw the van and looked down at my speed it registered 26 mph, only sent pic of front of car, and even shows me looking down. I do not have a problem paying if I am in the wrong, But I know without any doubt that My speed was not 36 mph. I would have had to have floored my car to be going 36 mph. There is also a freway entrance ramp 200 feet from sign. Left lane goes to freeway, right lane stays on residential street. Not marked at all as to when appropriate to increase speed to enter freeway.

I_Got_Banned

You can go to court and challenge the accuracy of the Radar gun on that day... But before you can even get to ask your questions, typically the officer would have already testified that the camera system was checked and was properly calibrated.

Are you sure you speedometer is right?

LSCAP

It’s an instinctive reaction to immediately let up on the gas as soon as you see a cop or other enforcement gadget. THEN look down at the speedometer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">