• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Photo Radar ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

wehorn1

What is the name of your state? Arizona

I received a radar (camera) speeding ticket by mail. There is an option provided with the ticket in the event that I was not the offending driver of my vehicle (which I was not). They are requesting that I send a clear copy of my driver's license to prove that I am not the driver and I have no issue sending that to them. However, they also insist that I identify the driver. Are they able to require me to identify the actual driver, including his name, address, telephone number, driver's license number, etc? For the record, the driver was my son, visiting over the holidays.

William E Horn
(480) 205-4502
email: [email protected]

The Occultist

You are not actually required to inform them who was really driving. All you need to do is send the copy of your ID so they can look at the picture and say "duh, not you", and that is it. If you don't recall who was driving that day, then you don't recall.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">