• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Photo radar ticket in AZ

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

natguardsoldier

What is the name of your state? Utah

I am a National Guard Soldier attending a military school in AZ. While driving through Scottsdale a photo was taken of my vehicle. My wife received a ticket in the mail a couple weeks later.

Here is the problem. There are four photo's on the ticket. One of my license plate, two of my vehicle, and one of some unknown female driving some other vehicle. I assume they sent the ticket in my wife's name because the picture was of a female. I was the only one driving my vehicle for the time period the photos was taken. In fact, I am the only one that has driven the vehicle since I left Utah to come to school here in AZ.

What do I do? Do I send the ticket back to them saying I was driving the vehicle, but the photo is not of me or the cab of my vehicle?

Any advice?

The Occultist

You didn't state what the state is trying to charge you with, but I'm going to hazard a guess: you were speeding on the 101, n'est-ce pas?

There are actually quite a few threads covering photo radar tickets for speeding in AZ, but let me give you the gist of it: if you completely ignore it and give the state of AZ no reason to suspect that you have give the "ticket" any thought, they cannot actually do anything about it. These speeding tickets are not enforceable until you acknowledge the ticket to the state.

From personal experience, as well as from my grandfather, as well as advice from an ex-neighbor of mine who is an officer for the Scottsdale PD, nothing will ever happen if you just ignore the letter you got for any speeding caught by photo radar in AZ.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">