• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Pl. advice on VC 21453a (red-light) violation ...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

info_seeker

What is the name of your state? CA

I received a red-light camera ticket. Failure to stop at Red Light ...
I slowed down and there was no car in the reasonable safe distance ... and then
made a right on the cross-street. The fine mentioned in the citation is exorbitant
amount of $361.00.

[21453. (a) A driver facing a steady circular red signal alone shall stop at a marked limit line, but if none, before entering the crosswalk on the near side of the intersection or, if none, then before entering the intersection, and shall remain stopped until an indication to proceed is shown, except as provided in subdivision (b).]

I was wondering if somebody has any suggestions on how to handle this one ...
And also if the fine amount for the Right turn is same as making a left or going straight on
the Red Light ...?
Any reference to any previous similar case will be really helpful ... Thanks a bunch.

made a right on the cross-street. The fine mentioned in the citation is exorbitant
amount of $361.00.

[21453. (a) A driver facing a steady circular red signal alone shall stop at a marked limit line, but if none, before entering the crosswalk on the near side of the intersection or, if none, then before entering the intersection, and shall remain stopped until an indication to proceed is shown, except as provided in subdivision (b).]

And also if the fine amount for the Right turn is same as making a left or going straight on
the Red Light ...?
Any reference to any previous similar case will be really helpful ... Thanks a bunch.
Suggestion on how to handle this: you admit to not stopping for the red light --- PAY THE TICKET.

Last edited:

CdwJava

CVC 21453(a) require a complete stop before the limit line. Failure to do so is a violation. You admit you did not stop. So, what is your defense in court going to be?

Consider traffic school.

- Carl

Johnli794

SUggestions needed

I got into a similar situation and got a ticket from a California Highway Patrol Officer. I am pretty certain that I enter the intersection (East B.) about 1~2 seconds before red light, but I slowed down and stopped inside the intersection before turning right (South B.) because the street I was turning into was packed. I believe that the officer was unhappy about me because my car delayed the traffic in his lane. He was the second car stopped in front of the red light (South B.) at the intersection before I entered. I think he was using the walkway line, instead of limit line, to determine my violation. I have no witness except a lady in my car on the passenger front seat. I went to the local police station to ask for help but they said that the lady may not be well qualified as a witness because she was inside my car. My ticket could be dismissed only if the police admitted a mistake. I have no ticket in last 5 years and it is my religious believe to be truthful. The police also reported that I was driving at 5m/h. It is a busy intersection at noon time.

amount of $361.00.

the Red Light ...?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">