• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Plea of Abeyance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Roxy33

What is the name of your state? Utah
Hello, Everyone! I live in Utah.
About a year ago, I was issued a speeding ticket and entered a plea of abeyance.( when you have no violations for a year, the charges are dismissed as if you never had a violation) I only had one week to the year, and I got a ticket yesterday. I am very concerned. I dont know what to do. I want to try and keep at least one of these off my record, and avoid them both going on!
Help!! Thanks in advance

Roxy33

Do you think that there is any way to negotiate this, since I'm so close to the year? DO I have to contact the court I entered the plea on?

I don't know Utah courts, but I would try to delay your trial date until after your year is up. Hopefully, they will base the year on conviction.... then, since you conviction is after the year, IT IS POSSIBLE, they may not penalize you. they may also see the cite date and go back to that. If so, it is up to their mercy then.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">