• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Plead guilty/not guilty for PA speeding ticket?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

erineliz1010

What is the name of your state? PA

I got pulled over this weekend on the PA turnpike going 80 in a 65. The ticket is $143 and 3 points will be going on my license. This is the first speeding ticket I have received (3 years ago I got a "no seat belt" ticket in NY, but other than that I have a clean record). I don't know if I should plead not guilty or not. Here are my questions:

1. My insurance just renewed this month, so I have 6 months before I have to renew again and by that time I will have moved out of state. Do points transfer between state licenses?

2. If I do plead not-guilty and go to court, is it better to say right off that my reason for pleading not guilty is to lower the points on my license or is it better to try to come up with an excuse for why I was speeding?

4. I am willing to take a defensive driving course if that would help, so would that have any impact at all if I say that to the judge or whomever I will be speaking to?

Froyn

1) Run a search on the site. Somewhere in here is a listing of all states in which points transfer. From memory there are only 5 that do not transfer records between.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">