• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

pleading down to non-moving violation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rainyseason73

What is the name of your state?Virginia

I just moved to VA from Tn and was still driving with a TNDL in NC. Got pulled over for doing 69 in a 55. I didn't think I was going that fast but he got me on radar and I'm willing to accept it. However, I've got a clean MVR (with the exception of a seatbelt ticket a few weeks prior, also in NC) and would like to know how , if possible to plea this down to a non-moving violation or otherwise avoid having the points go on my record. Is it possible to do this without an attorney? Should I bring a copy of my record from the TN DMV to court, try to speak to the DA? Also, if it's not possible to plea down, is Prayer for Judgment an option for me even though I don't have a NC license? Thanks in advance for any advice on how to represent myself.

d mcbride

It is always a good idea to talk to the D.A. Most times they will be very willing to help you settle this before you get to court.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">