• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Please Help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Luvablemom

What is the name of your state (Georgia)?

I have over $1000 in tickets that are all over 5 years old which some have warrants on. I want to know if I turn myself in how long will I get? Also is there a time period where the tickets just falls out and I am able to retain a license again?

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state (Georgia)?

I have over $1000 in tickets that are all over 5 years old which some have warrants on. I want to know if I turn myself in how long will I get? Also is there a time period where the tickets just falls out and I am able to retain a license again?
**A: I suggest you move to Canada under an assumed name.

FlyingRon

Chances are if you pay off all the tickets and accumulated costs and fees, you won't get anything. Of course, you're license is probably also suspended and you will need to jump through more hoops to get that back and hopefully you have not been illegally driving while suspended. The latter could indeed get you jail time in some states.

Maestro64

Not in this day and age, as long as they stay unpaid they will never come off your record and you will never get a license in any State in this country as the comment above was pointing out to you.

The easy thing is get a lawyer and have him get it all straighten out, which is going to cost you lots $$. but you will be done with it and most likely keep your license.

However you can do what most do, which is ignore it, drive without a license and get pulled over at some future date and be placed in jail. Which will still require you to get a lawyer and cost you way more then the first option and lost time in jail, other possible bad side affects of being arrested.

cyjeff

For the one millionth time, courts do not reward you for avoiding capture or punishment.

Warrants will NEVER, NEVER EVER EVER, just "fall off" your record. The will be there until you take care of them or you die. And, that second one isn't a guarantee as, in some cases, jurisdictions have been known to pursue the estate to collect outstanding fines.

I_Got_Banned

in some cases, jurisdictions have been known to pursue the estate to collect outstanding fines.
Heck yeah... How dare somebody die before paying their citations!!!! :mad:

It's like saying: two things are sure in this world, death and paying taxes. . . And doing one will not relieve you from the other.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">