• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Please Help... Court In 2 Days!!!!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Cbullock

What is the name of your state? FLORIDA

OK, so i was speeding back in November, and got pulled over. I had just bought my new car the night before and it was the first time i was driving it. Needless to say the cop didn't give me a ticket for speeding, but i didn't have my license with me at the time. SO he gave me a $7 ticket and told me i had to go to the court house and prove i had a license within 30 days. Well everything was fine, except when i went into the courthouse, i forgot i had to pay a fine so i just brought my license with me and not my purse... i was carrying my 4 month old little boy with me. The receptionist was cool, told me just to send in payment. Well i forgot all about it. then in Feb. i received a notice saying i had to send in the $7 by 2/15/05 or they would suspend my license. that day i sent it out on 2/9/05. I didn't think anything of it, it had cleared in the bank. Well on 3/5/05 i was pulled over for not coming to a complete stop at a stop sign, when the cop ran my license it came up suspended. I was shocked. So he told me to get it cleared up and go to a court apperance 2 weeks later. so i did... i was told all i had to do was bring in proof that my license was reinstated, so i got a paper from DMV and took it with me. well when the judge called me up, he asked me what i was pleading, i told him i didn't know that i had to plead anything. He said that i had to plead something and i didn't know so he made a statement saying i plead not guilty. and told me i needed to seek legal counsel. so i filled out a paper and was told to come back in a month... which is thursday. Needless to say I missed my appointment.

I dont understand why i need a lawyer for this, if everything is cleared up. I understand now that i should have just pleaded no contest but what will happen if i dont have a lawyer on Thursday? Will he allow me to plead no contest and if so what do i tell him....

PLEASE HELP ME. I'M SO CONFUSED... I HAVNE'T EVER BEEN IN TROUBLE BEFORE AND I DONT WANT TO BE NOW.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">