• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

please help me fight this ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

shanahobbs24

What is the name of your state? kentucky

I am a twenty four year old woman from kentucky. Yesterday my husband and I were at one of those small town festivals where everyone cruises around to show off their trucks. I was sitting on the toolbox in the bed of the truck when a cop on a bicycle pulled us over and gave my husband a careless driving ticket. I might have been able to understand a ticket if I was a child, but I am a grown woman who can hold on to a toolbox especially when the speeds never were greater than 5 mph (notice I said a bicycle pulled us over). We were also given no warning that this was going to be a problem. There were many other people doing the same thing and we had actually already passed two or three other cops who never even signalled for someone to get down. Got any suggestions on how to beat this ticket?

What if another driver ran a sign, T-boned your truck, threw you over the side and severly injured or killed you?

Believe it or not, an 18 year old girl was killed on my street corner many years ago (residential street, 20 mph speed limit). I was one of the first people on scene but there was nothing you could do. We were reminded of the tragedy for a long time from the stains that remained on the pavement.

I still get this sick feeling anytime I see anyone riding in the back of a pick-up.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">