• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Please Somebody Help!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lintsaysun

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? I live in Pennsylvania. But it happened at New Jersey on my way home. I was driving my friend's car on our way home. I was pulled over by a police officer for staying on the left lane. He gave me a ticket and statute 39:4-88A is what I violated. I don't have a car and am planning to buy one next week. Will I get points against my license and auto insurance when I buy a car? The police said I would just have to pay fine and he said it is not considered as a moving violation so I won't get points, but I doubt it so. What should I do? On my case, what is really true? Should I plea not guilty? Will it affect me buying car and insurance? Do I get points for that? My court date written on the ticket is 10-05-2005. Please help me!

Last edited:

HomeGuru

lintsaysun said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? I live in Pennsylvania. But it happened at New Jersey on my way home. I was driving my friend's car on our way home. I was pulled over by a police officer for staying on the left lane.

**A: what is the real reason? There is no violation for driving in the left lane.

He gave me a ticket and violated statute 39:4-88A.

**A: the cop did not violate 39:4-88A. Get real.

I don't have a car and am planning to buy one next week. Will I get points against my license and auto insurance when I buy a car? The police said I would just have to pay fine and he said it is not considered as a moving violation so I won't get points, but I doubt it so. What should I do? On my case, what is really true? Should I plea not guilty? Will it affect me buying car and insurance? Do I get points for that? My court date written on the ticket is 10-05-2005. Please help me!

**A: confusing post.

lintsaysun

the police officer said left lane is for passing only, but I didn't know that. It was 10:40pm. Do I still get points?

Shay-Pari'e

lintsaysun said:
the police officer said left lane is for passing only, but I didn't know that. It was 10:40pm. Do I still get points?
I don't know about points for this,as it seems like a rather minor infraction. It depends on how your state uses these infractions, when assessing insurance for a car.

Simple,

Call some insurance companies and get some quotes.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">