• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Points from different state!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

JustAPal00

What is the name of your state? PA

I got two tickets in MD. Both were by those cameras. One for speeding 47 in a 35, the other is for a red light. As long as the fines are paid on time will the points go on my PA license? If I apply for a job in PA and they search my driving history will they show up?

FlyingRon

PA will assess points for out of state convictions at the same rate as if you had committed the violation in PA.

3 points each.

JustAPal00

Ron if your going to answer questions at least get it right. I didn't believe you so I looked it up and no the points will not transfer! Are you just guessing?

OP85063

The violations will show up, but the points will not transfer.
No it will not show up, they can't prove he was driving, so why will the put it on his driving record? Maybe he was in the passenger seat, or not in the car, loan his car to someone? Remember this is a camera ticket he stated.

This is common sense guys. He's not getting any points, regardless even if he were in PA. A camera tickets you just pay it and get it over with. Did they camera caught a picture of you driving?

They cannot issue points if they do not know who's driving. The owner of the vehicle just pay the fine.

If the give you points tell them it wasn't you driving, you loan your car to a friend, if they ask you friend if he was driving, just let your friend tell them, he loan it to his brother, and if they ask your brother, he loan it to his girlfriend, you get the idea... so thats why they will not go after any points, because they cannot prove who's driving.

Bottom line, you just pay the fine and get it over with.

FlyingRon

Same way it works in state. The owner is presumed to have been the driver unless he answers the citation and indicates he wasn't.

The fact that he paid the ticket is admission of guilt.

Maestro64

JustAPal00

As you read in the compact, PA will not assign any points, what PA agree to in the compact is force you to pay the ticket if you choose to ignore it, meaning they will suspend your license until you close the matter with the other state.

Now whether the ticket will show on your record. This is not clear, some state do not bother reporting the ticket to your home state. NJ is one of them, I know many people who commute into NJ daily and have many tickets from NJ over the years and now of those ever showed on their record. This is no guaranty as you know, kind of the luck of the draw.

If you research camera tickets, you will see there are plenty of defense against those, and one is not to pay since they can not always prove your were even "served" the ticket. The problem you run into is the compact agreement, PA does not care MD can not prove you ever were served. MD has said you did not pay and PA will force you to pay.

Good luck....

xylene

Speed camera tickets are CIVIL violations, not criminal.

NO violation points are issued in Maryland, and MD speed camera tickets do not appear in one's driver abstract (meaning they are not related to other states or insurers)

So long as a failure to pay fines has not resulted in a suspension, photo enforcement speed tickets in MD have almost no impact on ones driving privileges as an in state or out of state motorist.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">