• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Points on license for red light running (PA)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

marvelous15

What is the name of your state? PA.

Had a post on here before, about an accident I was in. Anyways, I was blamed for running a red light. The fine is $105, but do I get any points on my license....I want to say 3, but according to the pdf I downloaded from PennDOT's websote, running a redlight is not mentioned, but stop sign running is. So my question, do I get any points with this fine.....and if I appeal, can it be fought that there is no police proof, (i.e. a cop actually saw me do it). The fine arrose out of an accident going from one person's word against the other person's word. Any help is appreciated, I only have a few days left to decide.

Tori8

I live in PA and when I looked up that violation I saw 3 points. It's near the top and it's failure to stop at a red light.

marvelous15

Can I fight this based on no police witness or verification. I know the police report says I ran the red light, but it is based on 1 civilians word versus anothers. Just wondering if my argument can hold up in court. (Also no witnesses came forward, it is based soley on the words of the drivers of both cars.)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">