• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Police called my employer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

RYANB16

What is the name of your state? indiana----i was pulled over in my company truck for speeding. i was given a ticket and went home. the next day i found out the sheriff's dept called my employer and advised them of it and also told them how many points i had on my license. is this a violation of my rights?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

RYANB16 said:
What is the name of your state? indiana----i was pulled over in my company truck for speeding. i was given a ticket and went home. the next day i found out the sheriff's dept called my employer and advised them of it and also told them how many points i had on my license. is this a violation of my rights?

My response:

No, your "rights" haven't been violated. The police called your employer because the vehicle belongs to your employer and, the police needed to know whether the vehicle may have been stolen and whether or not you had permission to drive the vehicle.

Additionally, your "point spread" is public record; i.e., if your employer has you driving as part of your job duties, then your employer is entitled to that information.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">