• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Police lights - Legal ????

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

j97e

What is the name of your state? New Jersey.

Not sure if this is the correct forum, so please bear with me :)

Hi All.
I just got a Police Interceptor Crown Vic from a Ford dealership. It still has the lights behind the grill, and the mirror beam strobes in the rear view mirror covers, but none are wired, and the strobe/power supply units are gone ( guess they have been removed by the PD before putting the car on the lot
Can I leave them on since I don't have a replacement for the mirror covers, or is it illegal despite the fact that nothing is wired/functional?

Thank you.

FlyingRon

As near as I can tell from the NJ statues, you can have these lights (operational or not) as long as you never turn them on.

I used to have a friend there who had an old "ghostbusters era" cadilac ambulance as a personal car and regularly took it through NJ inspection with all the lights and stuff still on the car (and operational).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">