• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Police Officer broke the law during traffic stop

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

visionarymusici

New York

The Police Officer pulled me over for speeding. He motioned for me to drive the wrong way up a one way street. I know this is illegal, but did it anyway. After issuing the ticket, he then motioned me to back out onto a 4 lane highway. If the Police officer admits he did this in court, can it cast doubt on the Officer's ability?

FlyingRon

What makes you think the officer broke the law?
Even if he did, what ability that would be relevant to his observation of your illegal activity would be challenged?

visionarymusici

Police Officer broke the law

I would like to bring out in court that the officer: Broke the law twice while pulling me over, AND made an error on not one but TWO tickets, so what is to say that he didnt make a mistake copying the radar reading onto my ticket....
The officer made 4 errors that day, does this not cast doubt on everything he did?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
An officer can direct you to do things contrary to posted signs. Thus, what you did was NOT illegal.
After that, your line of reasoning kind of falls apart, huh? :rolleyes:

Silverplum

ok, do you have any suggestion as to how I can beat these tickets?
Well, you could tell the truth, for starters. In your previous thread, you are in Canada. Do you just collect the same sorts of tickets across North America? Or are you switching from Canada to New York to still try, fruitlessly, to obtain advice that cannot possibly be valid?
Ontario Canada:confused:

I requested disclosure from the prosecutors office and they sent me some of what I asked for, but stated: We do not have calibration or repair information, and there are no tuning forks for the laser equipment.

Is this true of a LTI Ultra Lyte 20/20?

I soooooo appreciate an answer from someone, anyone.....thanks
I thought these types of laws are very similar, thanks anyway
yes I sent registered mail to the prosecutor, and recieved a copy of front and back of ticket, officer's notes, officer's certificate of training , however it says in the letter they do not provide calibration or repair information, and there are no tuning forks for the laser equipment. I am wondering if this is true or not? Thank you colin for your response.

https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?p=1835961#post1835961

JIMinCA

Vissionary,

Sorry, I don't know much about New York law... but I am glad to see that you are recieving so much helpful input by the "experts" on this site. You really came to the right place and asked the right group of people for help.

fairisfair

Vissionary,

Sorry, I don't know much about New York law... but I am glad to see that you are recieving so much helpful input by the "experts" on this site. You really came to the right place and asked the right group of people for help.
How about CANADA Jim, how much do you know about CANADIAN law??

Are you actually encouraging this poster to BREAK THE RULES OF THE FORUM JIM???

Don't you think you should report yourself?????????:rolleyes:

visionarymusici

From your CANADIAN IGLOO DWELLING COUSIN

So sorry to get yer knickers in a knot aye?.....seems to me the arrogance is flowing from the southerly direction...all I said was "quite the cheery"....bunch.

Chill, man

Is that the answer YOU wanted to hear? Hahahahahaha:D:cool::D

>Charlotte<

Lurker
Well, if you're willing to try to apply the laws of other countries to your problem, how's this: After they find you guilty they might take you out back and shoot you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">