• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Police Officer Using Old Ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

marcspez

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

I was issued a stop sign violation. Since this is my first ticket I checked the box on the ticket to take the drivers ed course and paid a fee of $104. I then received a letter from the city saying that I owed $4 more. When I called the clerk she said that the officer was using an old ticket and that the fine went up as of Jan 2008 and I was responsible for the difference ( ticket was issued in Aug 2008 ). To me this seems like the ticket should be dismissed if the police officers are using old tickets. I have a court date tomorrow does anyone have any advice to say to the judge to dismiss the ticket? Thanks!

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
How about "Here is the $4 I owe, Judge. I'm sorry I wasted your time, along with all of the resources of this court, over $4" :rolleyes:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">