• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Police Radar ?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

LedFoot

Are Police radars accurate if used when the officer and speeder are driving toward each other?

P

plifter

Not necessarily. The radar gun has to make corrections based on the officer's speed. Quite often the radar device clocks something other than the officers vehicle such as another car or a plane flying overhead. Radar guns have also been known to clock the speed of things such as the fan in the patrol car.

Most cops have little understanding of how their radar actually works. A lot of cops think that they can "aim" their radar at your vehicle. The truth is that the radar beam spreads out over distance. If the cop is 1500 feet away from you and uses radar the radar is covering the entire width of a four lane highway! At this distance the cop would have no idea if he's clocking your vehicle or a vehicle on a different side of the highway.

Most people would be outraged if they knew just how inaccurate radar really is. The only time radar is reliable is on a desserted highway with no other traffic in sight and the officer in a stationary position.

D

dabear

Police are required to be trained on radars/lasers. PLIFTER acts like a know it all but he doesn't know as much as he thinks he does. "Cops don't know how the radar works" and how do you know this? Oh yeah, cops are stupid thats right. The speed can be thrown off by the officers fan or a plane? I dont know of any planes that are flying on the hiway. Your posts are getting funnier and funnier.

P

plifter

Dabear, can you even name the scientific principle that forms the basis of radar technology? BTW... It's spelled HIGHWAY! At least this "idiot" passed third grade spelling.:rolleyes:

P

plifter

For the awful truth about radar you cops should research Florida vs. Aquilera.

D

dabear

yes I can

PLIFTER, you have got to be the funniest person on this site. I will give you the principle of the radar and you will act like you already knew it when I know you don't have a clue on what your talking about.

RADAR is based on the DOPPLER PRINCIPLE. It is based upon sound waves. There are three types of RADAR frequencies S-band, X-band and K-band. S-band is no longer in use. I will not go any deeper into this because it is over your head.

Answer me a question Mr. Know It All. What does RADAR stand for? I'm sure you will have to look it up. But if you knew as much as you act like you knew then you shouldn't have to.

Also, what are the transmitted frequency and received frequency of an approaching object to a radar? What about a stationary object?

Simple one here since you won so many court battles; How is speed calculated?

D

dabear

PLIFTER, I answered your question are you going to answer mine? You act like an expert and say cops are stupid when it comes to radars but you have not even answered a few basic questions that I asked.

Now, I hope everyone sees the fraud that you really are because you don't have a clue what your talking about.

Well, I said it before and I will say it again, this stupid State Trooper would love to set across from you in a court room anyday.

J

jimmyv

hey dabear?

please tell me how a person could possibly know if the cop clocked a persons car or someone else's? i mean if there's 20 cars driving by you and you use radar does it tell you the license number of the car? or maybe the make and model? maybe the vin# of the car that the radar clocked.. or are we supposed to take the officers word for it? we all know that police officers have quotas even though they are illegal!!! when an officer goes for promotion they see how much he has made the town and how many arrests the officer has made. where does most of the ticket money go to dabear? the town or city's general fund is where alot of it goes. therefore it usually gets kicked back to the police department so they ca n use it for overtime... great system.. i think the police department needs some accountability!!!!

Rochelle

Jimmy, do you work in such a capacity that you KNOW how raises and promotions are given? Or are you another one of those who just promotes that quota rumor? WE DO NOT HAVE A QUOTA here to meet. In fact, if an officer seems to be writing a lot of tickets, the Chief turns him over to be investigated. Raises and promotions are not given on a "quota met" basis. We have a pay scale that goes by service years and regardless of whether they write one ticket or one hundred tickets, that is the raise they get. That was the amount budgeted by the Mayor and Board of Aldermen.

Officers are trained with their radar. Unless you have actually seen one in use, and see HOW the officer operates it, you would not understand how he can know who it tagged. I could explain it to you, but you would have to see it in use to understand. There are way too many people out there who think an officer has nothing better to do with his time than to pull over someone just to hear him sound off about how it couldn't have been him speeding, although deep down, the person knows he was.

P

plifter

R.A.D.A.R. I believe is an acronym for "radio detection and ranging" or something like that.

S-band RADAR is still widely used ( in weather forcasting). What about Ka band radar? I'm not even going to bother with the frequencies that they operate. I don't know that off the top of my head (I'm sure you don't either)

P

plifter

dabear said:
Well, I said it before and I will say it again, this stupid State Trooper would love to set across from you in a court room anyday.
What would you be "setting" across from me in court? Would you be "setting" the dinner table? I think you mean "sitting".

D

dabear

Your spelling is correct (sit). I am a fast typer and I generally don't go over and over my posts looking for mistakes. So, if that is your best legal comeback, I'm not impressed.

Rochelle

dabear, do you realize how long it took him to respond? He's probably been looking everywhere for the answer. And he's still only about half correct. And the best he could come up with is the sit or set thing. He's good for a laugh anyway.:D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">