• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Police speeding

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

O

OlRoy

What is the name of your state? NC

I was driving and a DMV truck passed me... in a 55 his top speed was 70 and his lowest was 65. He also made 3 lane changes without a turn signal... Then another car passed me and although stupid has hell he passed the DMV. So the the cop hit his breaks for some reason and then hit his lights and pulled the guy over. Granted the guy was stupid as hell for passing a cop but someone with the DMV should be the last person speeding and not using turn signals and then on top of that give someone a ticket for speeding. If someone sees something like that what can they do and would anything be done about it?

M

Mike101

Maybe the cop was speeding in an attempt to locate a certain vehicle and the dispatcher told him the vehicle was coming up behind him so he switched lanes, waited for the vehicle to pass and stopped it. Or maybe the cop was just speeding because he likes to and someone passing him annoyed him so he worked out his annoyance. It could be something totally reasonable or something totally wrong. Have to figure out how much time you want to invest in it.

O

OlRoy

stephenk: lol that i don't know :)

Mike101: Yeah i never thought about that.. but don't they have to have their lights on if they are speeding to catch someone? Your probably right though, he could of just been doing his job. Just another perk to being a officer i guess :D

M

Mike101

A lot of times you can get somewhere faster if you keep your lights and siren off. When people see a cop in their mirror without lights on they just move over quickly. Lights on and people panic. Also if your looking for someone they might see or hear you before you see them if you have them on and slip away.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">