• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Portable School Zone Signs - Arizona

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

forbiddenSpell

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Arizona

On my way to and from work, I drive through a 15 mph school zone. In the mornings, the signs are out, there's a crossing guard and there's no problem.

On the way home, between 5 and 6 PM, there's no crossing guard, never any kids, but the signs are still out. I'm curious as to whether the school is obligated to take the signs down by a certain time. I've though about calling the school to ask about it, but I'm not going to bother unless they aren't doing anything wrong.

The signs DO get taken down daily, as I've driven home late and the signs were removed.

Thoughts?

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
It's a school zone as long as the signs are posted and do not specify a time that the zone is in effect. Why do you think the school is doing something improper or that it's even the school that places and removes the signs?

By the way, I'm sure there are after-school activities at the school - that could be why the signs stay out.

forbiddenSpell

I assumed the school was responsible for the signs.

If they can really leave the sign out whenever they want, what's to stop me from doing the same thing? Could I just get a speed limit sign and post it where-ever I want?

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
It's a school zone as long as the signs are posted and do not specify a time that the zone is in effect. Why do you think the school is doing something improper or that it's even the school that places and removes the signs?

By the way, I'm sure there are after-school activities at the school - that could be why the signs stay out.
Not entirely sure. Perhaps I'm just a terrible person.

I'm just trying to understand why the school crossing sign is up so long after school is over. It causes a decent-sized jam every day for what I perceive to be no gain.
I guess you missed that part of the discussion. It's very valid. :cool:

Just Blue

Not entirely sure. Perhaps I'm just a terrible person.

I'm just trying to understand why the school crossing sign is up so long after school is over. It causes a decent-sized jam every day for what I perceive to be no gain.
Perhaps you are a terrible person. To complain about a sign, that is there to assure childrens safty, because you resent spending extra time in traffic is, to me, odd.

You should fine another route home.

forbiddenSpell

Perhaps you are a terrible person. To complain about a sign, that is there to assure children's safety, because you resent spending extra time in traffic is, to me, odd.

You should find another route home.
I have no problem with it in the morning, when kids are actually present.

PS - fixed 3 typos in your original post for you.

Just Blue

I have no problem with it in the morning, when kids are actually present.

PS - fixed 3 typos in your original post for you.
Thank You!! I have had many typos due to my broken hand. I thank you for fixing them for me...:)

My answer to your post still stands though.

Blue

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">