• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Possibility of getting this dismissed?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

crux1234

In Miami, Florida here.

I was pulled over on 29 April 2014 for running a red light. The officer signed the ticket alleging that I had ran a red light at an intersection that doesn't actually have a red light. If in court, the officer's notes are consistent with the citation saying that I ran a red light at this intersection and I prove that intersection does not have a red light, is it possible to get the ticket dismissed based on that?

Cheers

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
In Miami, Florida here.

I was pulled over on 29 April 2014 for running a red light. The officer signed the ticket alleging that I had ran a red light at an intersection that doesn't actually have a red light. If in court, the officer's notes are consistent with the citation saying that I ran a red light at this intersection and I prove that intersection does not have a red light, is it possible to get the ticket dismissed based on that?

Cheers
It's possible.

CaliDriving

More so, does it even matter much if the officer's notes will be consistent or not with the citation? Investigate the actual vehicle code in your ticket, which you were cited for. If it's about a red light, and you submit evidence that there is no red light in the intersection, that's your defense.
If you want, you can request discovery of the officer's notes before trial. Since discovery involves revealing your notes too, if it's really such a clear case (although bizarre), maybe it will help drop the case even before trial.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">