• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

prayer of judgment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

baller591

I got a speeding ticket in virginia state last month on vacation. The state trooper pulled me over saying I was clock doing 80mph on a 65mph highway on I95. I know I wasnt speeding. Because It was 4am I didn't argue with the state trooper just sign and continue my way back to mass. I don't have the money to pay the ticket and its due in 2days. Can I ask. For a prayer of judgment?

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
No such thing in Virginia.

It's a little late to be dealing with this now, isn't it?

What were you actually charged with? Speeding or reckless driving?

FlyingRon

With a straight speeding ticket, and if you've got a clean (or near clean record) most courts will allow VADIP class (8 hours) in lieu of conviction.

If it's reckless it depends on which court you're appearing in. Some will allow VADIP for a total dismissal, others will only allow you to plead it down to a non-misdemeanor offense in exchange for the class.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">