• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Predicate ?????

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

curt7974

What is the name of your state? Ohio

A previous thread opened by Smity was regarding photos that were not allowed as evidence because the prosecution objected citing no Predicate.

"I AM ALWAYS LIABLE" responded with:

[Without going into a lengthy explanation of proper "Evidentiary Foundation" requirements, suffice it to say that you cannot merely introduce photographs into evidence without an expert opinion as to what the photos depict or what you're trying to say about them. This is because your boyfriend is not an expert, and the judge cannot "speculate" on what is trying to be revealed by the photos]

In my case against a speeding tiucket I plan on using a printout of a satellite image of the stretch of road provided by the USGS. I am using their image because it provides a scale so that accurate distances can be shown in support of my defense (e.g. officer states distance from speed sigh to fire station as 1/4 mile and USGS map shows it as 200 yds). Am I also at risk to have the image denied under the same type of objection? If not, is there any other objection that the prosecution ( police officer ) might make that could prevent me from introducing the image in support of my defense?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">