• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Probated speeding ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Kentucky

A couple months ago I was pulled over for speeding. My citation had a court date that would have fallen on a Sunday so I called the court house and they informed me that they no longer had traffic court and that I just needed to pay by the indicated court date.

I told them that since I had been following a state police for the previous 10 miles at 58 mph I kinda planned on pleaing not guilty for the 68 mph citation. They told me that they would check my driving record and if I hadn't had any citation in the previous 2 years they would probate my citation and if I did that I would need to pay the ticket. I didn't have any citataions so now if I get stopped for speeding in the next year I'll be responsible for paying two tickets.

I am grateful that it was that easy to not have to pay the citation, but I'm not completely happy about not being able defend my innocence.

I just posted this as a topic for discussion.
I'm just curious to whether this is become the norm?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">