• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Problem getting license back after suspension

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

BG2

What is the name of your state? SC

I lost my license for MIP. The suspension period has passed but when I went to the DMB they said that the court hasn't filed to paperwork or they are just too backed up and haven't processed it yet and it may take another month for them to get it to me.

My question is whether I have any recourse here. Would an attorney be any help? It seems like they are breaking the law by extending my suspension period beyond what the judge and the law prescribe. What do I do????

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

BG2 said:
What is the name of your state? SC

I lost my license for MIP. The suspension period has passed but when I went to the DMB they said that the court hasn't filed to paperwork or they are just too backed up and haven't processed it yet and it may take another month for them to get it to me.

My question is whether I have any recourse here. Would an attorney be any help? It seems like they are breaking the law by extending my suspension period beyond what the judge and the law prescribe. What do I do????

=====================================

My response:

Do you have money to pay an attorney?

No?

Then wait. The wheels of government turn slowly.

IAAL

B

BG2

Re: Re: Problem getting license back after suspension

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:
=====================================

My response:

Do you have money to pay an attorney?

No?

Then wait. The wheels of government turn slowly.

IAAL
I could find the money for an attorney if I were convinced that it would be worth it.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Re: Re: Re: Problem getting license back after suspension

BG2 said:

"I could find the money for an attorney if I were convinced that it would be worth it."

=======================================

My response:

I'm not good at making predictions. However, all is not lost. Go to the following link, write your question and, perhaps, this could help "convince" you and to help you predict whether your money would be well spent.

Good luck.

IAAL

Copy and paste this link into your browser without the on each side: [url]http://8ball.federated.com/

Last edited:
B

BG2

Re: Re: Re: Re: Problem getting license back after suspension

So, anyone who isn't here just to post sarcastic and pointless coments care to offer any help?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:
BG2 said:

"I could find the money for an attorney if I were convinced that it would be worth it."

=======================================

My response:

I'm not good at making predictions. However, all is not lost. Go to the following link, write your question and, perhaps, this could help "convince" you and to help you predict whether your money would be well spent.

Good luck.

IAAL

Copy and paste this link into your browser without the on each side: [url]http://8ball.federated.com/

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

The reality of your situation is that it's not "life or death."

So, I was having a little fun with you - - so shoot me!

Try to take life a little easier, roll with the punches, and try to lighten up just a little bit.

Look, it's not a difficult task to look in your Yellow Pages under "Attorneys" and make a few calls. Most attorneys, like myself, give free initial consultations. At the same time, you can get an estimate of fees that will be charged to you.

Who knows, some attorney in your area may already have helped someone else in your situation, and can give you some free tips - - I've done that before in my own practice!

So, take it easy, laugh a little, and see what happens after a few phone calls.

Good luck to you.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">