• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Problem with small squeek of tires

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

WilliamFortner

:) Michigan- I was on a road named meadow with my turn signal on to turn left onto a road named capital. it was clear for a while to my right and the car coming from the left had his right turn signal on so i mad ethe turn in a hasty fashion, maybe a little to hasty because when i made the turn it was a little sharp and it made a one second or less squeek, no marks. when i heard the squeek i let off the gas and then lightly accelerated to posted speed limit (35mph) thats when i notice the police lights in my rearview, the officer got angry and said i could've killed someone and that he wanted to pin me with reckless driving but he would lower it to careless driving. any help on the issue would be much appreciated. today is May 7 i got the ticket May 5. once again thanks

BelizeBreeze

WilliamFortner said:
:) Michigan- I was on a road named meadow with my turn signal on to turn left onto a road named capital. it was clear for a while to my right and the car coming from the left had his right turn signal on so i mad ethe turn in a hasty fashion, maybe a little to hasty because when i made the turn it was a little sharp and it made a one second or less squeek, no marks. when i heard the squeek i let off the gas and then lightly accelerated to posted speed limit (35mph) thats when i notice the police lights in my rearview, the officer got angry and said i could've killed someone and that he wanted to pin me with reckless driving but he would lower it to careless driving. any help on the issue would be much appreciated. today is May 7 i got the ticket May 5. once again thanks
He could have ticketed you for wreckless driving. Forget the squeeking tires. It is your responsibility to wait to enter a cross street until all trafic has cleared the intersection. Simply because a car has it's turn signal on does not mean it will turn.

You got off light.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">