• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Prosecuting Attorney gave me a ticket in court???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Buttlice

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Washington State

so a long story short, i was pulled over few months ago for my license plate lights not working (one was working at the time), and was given a ticket for smoked tail lights. I brought my attorney in and we were arguing that my tail lights are legal to the written law according to the RCW's. I was put under oath which i gave my statement. The prosecuting attorney then asked a bunch of questions which really didnt hold any ground with the judge. The judge was leaning in my favor. She noticed that he was about to dismiss the ticket and then wrote me a ticket for my license plate lights not working. I know i can simply bring in a receipt of the new lights i bought and installed and get the ticket thrown out but thats another $25! Did she have any grounds to give me such a ticket if she wasnt present at the time i was pulled over? I have never heard of something like this happening. Seems like she did it because she wasnt getting what she wanted...

racer72

I have seen this a few times. Perfectly legal. The ticket was based on the officer's incident report.

Buttlice

she must have really not liked the fact that the judge was siding with me and the fact that i knew the RCW on tail lights better than she did... Well ill contest it anyway and ask for the $25 court fee to be waived since the issue was fixed immediately after being warned by the officer who pulled me over.

Thanks for your replies :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">