• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Provisional License

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

joreilly84

What is the name of your state? Maine

Ok, in maine, if you are under 21 when you get your license, if you receive a traffic ticket within the first two years, your license is suspended, 30/60/90 days.

in 2004, 1 yr into my license, i got a speeding ticket, contested it, and a court date was set in for sept 2005. I ended up just paying the fine.

now, about 9 months later, i get a notice saying my license is being suspended, and b/c of that, im losing a job i just started, selling cars. b/c obviously i need a license.

Can they wait that long to enforce it? and let me know? there must be something i can do, take a class, get a work license, or something, in maine if u get an OUI you can apply for a work license, but supposedly not if u have a provisional suspension, HELP PLEASE..

thanks in advance

sukharev

There is pretty much nothing you can do. How long is the suspension? If it's 30 days, then I would suggest going to your boss and telling the story. If he hired you because you were good, he will wait. Many worksites will give you an unpaid leave of absence. If not, then you are in the wrong job.

joreilly84

its 60 days, and i was just hired, so why whould they try to work around it, its just about impossible to sell cars with no license,seems ridiculous that if i had an OUI, i could get a work restricted license....and that the state can enforce this suspension randomly whenever they see fit

sukharev

Well, like it or not, these are the laws. So, your only chance is that your manager has enough sense of humour and compassion to let you sell cars without taking people for a test drive, or use you elsewhere. In the best case scenario, you then loose 2 month of comission if somebody else has to take over the sell.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">