• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Provisonal License Violation Question?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

unlucky92

What is the name of your state, Hawaii, HI

Last night I was in an accident where I got into an accident where I crashed into a guard rail on a freeway on ramp(no other parties where involved). It was around 2:00am and I'm 17 driving with a provisional license. The police arrived and I didn't receive a fine instead it was a court order dated for 10/05/09 because I violated one of the provisional license restrictions where provisional license drivers are not to drive between the hours of 11pm and 5am. I was wondering what are the consequences for my actions. I found a few references online claiming that I would have my license suspended for a period of around 3 to 6 months or till i reach the age of 18. Does anyone know if this is true? If so is there any way to avoid this? Any info would be appreciated.

I_Got_Banned

From HRS §286-102.6 Provisional license for persons under the age of eighteen.

Here's a link House Bill

The condition which you are bound by when driving on a provisional license are stated in Section §286-102.6(b).

There are exceptions (driving to/from work/school) are stated in §286-102.6(c).

Further...

(d) If the provisional licensee violates any of the requirements of subsection (b) or (c):
(1) For a first violation of any requirement, the provisional license shall be suspended for a period of three months by a district court or family court judge. If the person's provisional license is suspended, the person shall not be eligible for reissuance of the provisional license or issuance of a driver's license until:
(A) The person is eighteen years of age; or
(B) Three months have elapsed since the date of suspension, whichever is sooner, and the person has otherwise satisfied the requirements of this chapter;​

So, a minimum suspension of 3 months or until you turn 18.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">