• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Pulled over by Cop in Personal Vehicle

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jodyb13

Texas. An off duty deputy from another county tried to make me pull over in his personal Cadillac Escalade because he had thought that I was blocking traffic at a four way stop. I was waiting because an extended and wide load was turning left and the car coming from the left had stopped well before the sign to give the wide load some room. I figured that since technically the car to the left had stopped before me it was his turn to go next. While I am waiting I hear the car behind me lay on the horn but I wait anyway. I make my left turn and quickly catch up to the slow moving wide load where I follow from a safe distance. The Cadillac gets dangerously close behind me (I think he might have been flashing his badge but I didn't see it) and starts swerving side to side. I give him the finger but it was low and though a dark tinted window, you would have to be looking to see it. We get to the light and I turn left towards home. He turns to and comes up beside me quickly with his passenger side window down. As soon as his window is by my window I hit the brakes. He hits his brakes too and shows me his badge and tells me to pull over. I tell him that I am going to the local Police office and he follows me. I try to calmly explain myself in the parking lot but he insisted on going in and telling the Chief of Police what I did. This guy was mental with rage and I realized right away that going to the police was a wise move. We go inside and wait for the chief to see us. While waiting I apologized more than once to his scowling face, but he maintained his anger even when talking to the chief.

Last edited:

HomeGuru

Texas. An off duty deputy from another county tried to make me pull over in his personal Cadillac Escalade because he had thought that I was blocking traffic at a four way stop. I was waiting because an extended and wide load was turning left and the car coming from the left had stopped well before the sign to give the wide load some room. I figured that since technically the car to the left had stopped before me it was his turn to go next. While I am waiting I hear the car behind me lay on the horn but I wait anyway. I make my left turn and quickly catch up to the slow moving wide load where I follow from a safe distance. The Cadillac gets dangerously close behind me (I think he might have been flashing his badge but I didn't see it) and starts swerving side to side. I give him the finger but it was low and though a dark tinted window, you would have to be looking to see it. We get to the light and I turn left towards home. He turns to and comes up beside me quickly with his passenger side window down. As soon as his window is by my window I hit the brakes. He hits his brakes too and shows me his badge and tells me to pull over. I tell him that I am going to the local Police office and he follows me. I try to calmly explain myself in the parking lot but he insisted on going in and telling the Chief of Police what I did. This guy was mental with rage and I realized right away that going to the police was a wise move. We go inside and wait for the chief to see us. While waiting I apologized more than once to his scowling face. The chief sees us and we both explain our stories.
**A: thanks for the heartwarming post. Was this the episode I recently saw on the Cops tv show?

jodyb13

Pulled Over by Cop in Personal Vehice 2

Texas. The chief sees us and we explain ourselves. He says it sounds like no one was hurt and lets me go pretty quickly. I think that the sheriffs deputy was extremely out of line by not controlling his anger. This man has a gold badge and a gun. I would like to report his behavior to someone but I don't know who. I have the Chief of Police and the dispatcher as witnesses to me trying to make peace and him not having any of it. I would like to think that the chief told him something about pulling over people in his town in his own personal vehicle.

jodyb13

It would not be hard to find this guy. I also have the Chief of Police and the dispatcher who witnessed his behavior and let me go right away before I thought of asking any questions.

jodyb13

**A: then you would not make a very credible witness. Are you sure the deputy did not have a badge and a gold gun?
Home Guru you are about as much help on this earth as a mountain of burning tires. Thanks alot "senior member".

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">